Delicious LinkedIn Facebook Twitter RSS Feed
MPeS. Powered by Blogger.

Where We Are Going or Where We Have Been



I took this photo of my Grandfather during a birthday celebration for my father and my niece.  It struck me as I snapped the shot, that it was a picture of reflection; it was as if you could see his thoughts as he gazed across the yard watching his son and his great granddaughter.

Since that day, I have found myself drawn back to this picture several times.  I have stared at it and pondered, where do I go from here?  To figure that out, I started looking back and found, I have lived a full life at forty years of age.  My children are preparing for college, quickly becoming adults.  I have been to war (not something I would recommend).  I have worked in so many different fields it is hard to comprehend.  I have owned a staggering number of vehicles (34 to be exact).  I now even (finally) own a Harley Davidson.  I have been married, and divorced, and married again.  I have lived on both sides of the nation, traveled around the world, and settled right back where I started.  I have watched my little brother and sister grow into wonderful parents.  I have been blessed to have the wisdom from all of my grandparents for the last 40 years.  I have seen and done things that most people I know cannot even imagine, or only dream about.

So, where do I go from here? 

After much speculation, the only answer I have come up with is this, only God knows for sure.  So, my prayer is that He will continue to lead me down the right path, and I thank Him for everything he has given me so far. 

But most of all, I pray that one day my Grandson will catch me taking a moment of reflection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment